Installation Requirements for TeamForge-TestLink Integration
TeamForge 16.7 and later releases support integration only with TestLink 1.9.15 and 1.9.16. TestLink 1.9.17 and later versions are not supported. If you are on earlier versions of TestLink, upgrade to one of the supported TestLink versions and integrate it with TeamForge. This integration does not provide backward compatibility (Data reliability and Migration) to older TeamForge-TestLink 1.9.11 integration that is based on TeamForge’s Integrated Application Framework (IAF).
The TeamForge-TestLink Integration Plugin,
collabnet-testlink-1.0.2.jar, supports integration with Testlink 1.9.15 and 1.9.16. By default, only TeamForge users with “Site Administrator” privileges can create test suites. If you want other users to create test suites, you must create a site-wide role in TeamForge, grant “CREATE/VIEW” access to “All Projects” for the role and assign this role to users.
Install the TeamForge-TestLink Integration Plugin on the TeamForge Application Server
- Log on to the TeamForge Application Server.
- A new version of TestLink integration jar (
collabnet-testlink-1.0.2.jar) is available . If you have integrated TestLink with TeamForge using the
collabnet-testlink-1.0.jarfile in the past:
- Go to My Workspace > Admin.
- Select Projects > System Tools > Customizations.
- Click Delete. A confirmation message is displayed. Click OK.
- Download the collabnet-testlink-1.0.2.jar file.
- Go to My Workspace > Admin.
- Select Projects > System Tools > Customizations and click Create.
- Click Choose File and select the
- Click Add.
Set up the TestLink Server
Log on to the TestLink Server, download and install TestLink.Make sure that you have the following RPMs available during TestLink installation:
- Download the collabnet-testlink-1.0.1.tar file to the
/tmpdirectory and untar the file to
cd <testlink-installation-directory>/plugins/ tar -xvf /tmp/collabnet-testlink-1.0.1.tar
- Log on to TestLink.
Click the Plugins Management icon from the toolbar.
Identify the TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin from the list of Availabe Plugins and click Install. The TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin is installed and shows up in the Installed Plugins section.
- Click the Home icon from the toolbar.
- Create a TestLink project.
- Click Test Project Management and click Create.
- Define project attributes such as the name, description, project prefix and so on. Click Save.
Go to TestLink Home and click the TeamForge Setup link.
- Type the TeamForge Project Home URL, Username, Password, Defect Tracker ID and Requirements Tracker ID and click Save.
Important: It is assumed that you have a TeamForge project, requirements tracker and defect tracker created already. If not, create them first and then perform this step of setting up TeamForge in TestLink. Have the requirements and defect tracker ID handy while setting up TeamForge in TestLink.
For more information on creating a TeamForge project and seting up trackers, see:
Once you set up the TeamForge project mapping in TestLink, a new TestLink tool is created in TeamForge (Project Home > Project Admin > Tools).
Set up the Testlink Activity Source in TeamForge
- Log on to the Teamforge Application Server.
- Go to Project Home > Project Admin > Tools and select the TestLink tool.
The Edit Tool page appears.
- Type a Source Name.
- Select Custom Activity Source from the Source Type drop-down list.
- If required, select an Associated Source from the drop-down list. For example, select Build.
- Change the icon, background color and add tags, if you want to.
- Click Show Configuration to view the configuration data.
Important: Copy and keep the custom source information such as the Source Association Key, Queue Server, Queue Username and Queue Password handy to be used for Test Suite configuration later in the process.
- Click Update.
Instructions to uninstall the TeamForge-TestLink integration.
Log on to the TestLink Server.
Delete the TeamForge project mapping.
Before uninstalling the TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin, it is a best practice but not mandatory to delete the TeamForge project mapping in TestLink.Important: While deleting the project mapping in TestLink, TeamForge custom sources turn inactive. The TestLink tool in TeamForge should be removed manually, if required.
- Click TeamForge Setup.
- Click Delete. A confirmation message is displayed.
- Click OK. The TeamForge project mapping is deleted.
Uninstall the TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin.
- Click the Plugins Management icon from the toolbar.
- Identify the TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin from the list of Installed Plugins and click Uninstall.
The TeamForge-TestLink integration plugin is uninstalled.