To help project managers get their project members set up quickly, provide ready-made project roles that any project on your site can use.
Note: You need the
Role-Createpermission to create global project roles. All site administrators and some restricted site administrators have this permission.
- Go to My Workspace > Admin.
- Click Roles from the Projects menu.
- Click the GLOBAL PROJECT ROLES tab. All the existing Global Project Roles are listed here. It is a good idea to check this list before you create another role.
Note: You can suggest that the project administrators check the Project Admin > Permissions > Roles > View: Global Project Roles list before creating any new roles in their projects.
- Click Create.
- On the Create Global Project Role page, write a name and description for the role. The role name is case-sensitive.
Tip: Remember that the role name can not be the same as a site-wide role name.
- To allow inheritance of the role’s permissions into private sub-projects, clear the PREVENT INHERITANCE check box.
- To allow the project members to be able to request this role, select PROJECT MEMBERS CAN REQUEST THIS ROLE. Project members can submit requests for
Available upon Requestroles. For a project, the project administrators can set an
Available upon Requestrole to be automatically granted to the project member requesting it.
- Click Create. The new global project role is created. The Edit global project role permissions page appears.
- Select the application permissions that are relevant to the role, from those listed on the ROLE PERMISSIONS tab.
Tip: You may want to restrain providing project or application administration permissions, until required.
The role is created. The project administrators can assign it to their project members any time.