You may need to add or remove certain permissions from an existing global project role to assign new tasks or change the access permissions given via the role.
Note: Only site administrators or restricted site administrators with
Role-Editpermission can edit global project roles.
- Go to My Workspace > Admin.
- Click Roles from the Projects menu.
- Click the GLOBAL PROJECT ROLES tab. All the existing global project roles are listed here.
- Select the role that you want to edit and click Edit or just click the hyperlinked role name. The Edit global project role permissions page appears.
- Click Edit to make changes to the role details.
- Modify the Role Name or Description, if required. The role name is case-sensitive and must not be the same as a site-wide role.
- Change the inheritance setting to prevent or allow inheritance of the role’s permissions into private sub-projects.
- To make the role requestable or non-requestable, change the Project members can request this role setting. Project members can submit requests for
Available upon Requestroles. For a project, the project administrators can set a
Available upon Requestrole to be automatically granted to the project member requesting it.
- Click Update. The global project role is modified.
- Select the application permissions that are relevant to the role, from those listed on the ROLE PERMISSIONS tab and click Save.
Tip: You may want to restrain removing project or application administration permissions as the change impacts existing users too.
The role is modified.