Project templates are installed by default when you install TeamForge. TeamForge comes with a sample template useful for agile development projects. Site administrators and project managers can use this template to jumpstart a project without a lot of manual setup steps.
To install project templates using the TeamForge startup script, set the following tokens and restart the CollabNet services:
You may choose to delete the sample project templates. After deleting the sample project templates, you must set the INSTALL_TEMPLATES token to
false. Otherwise, the project templates, if not found in the database, are installed automatically every time you restart the CollabNet services.
Update a Project Template
To revise or correct an existing project template, overwrite it with a template of the same name.
- You must be a site administrator to overwrite an existing project template.
- Revise the project that will serve as the basis for the new project template.
Tip: You can disable a project template while you make changes to the project. To disable a project template, use the My Workspace > Projects > Templates page.
- Select PROJECT ADMIN from the Project Home menu.
- On the Project Settings page, click Create Project Template.
- Select Replace Existing Template and choose the template you want to overwrite.
- Provide the description for the template. (If you want to change the template name too, create a new template from the same project and disable the existing template.)
Tip: It’s a good idea to use the description to note the changes from the previous version of the template.
- Select the items you want to be available when new projects are created from this template.
- The replacement project template is created. Its name and description appear on the Template tab of the Projects list, accessible from the navigation bar.
Enable or Disable Project Templates
Site administrators or users with site-wide roles with project administration permissions can enable/disable project templates.
In TeamForge, enable a project template to make it available for use for creating new projects.
- On My Page, click Projects and select the PROJECT TEMPLATES tab.
- To make the project template available for use, select the template and click Enable.
- To stop making the project template available for use, click Disable.
Important: You can create new projects only from the list of enabled project templates.
- The Template Name field displays the name of the template using which the project was created. However, post upgrade to TeamForge 16.7 (or later), you will see the Template Name as “not available” for projects created in TeamForge 16.3 or earlier.
- The Template Name field shows a hyphen (-) in cases where projects are created not from a template.
- The template name is struck through in cases where the template used to create the project was deleted.
Note: Projects created using a template will now have the information about the template used for project creation.