TeamForge administrators can create suitable site-wide roles and delegate site administration responsibilities.
- Go to My Workspace > Admin
- Click Roles from the Projects menu.
- Click Create.
- On the Site-Wide Role tab, write a name and description for the role. The role name is case-sensitive.
- To prevent inheritance of the role into private projects, select the Prevent Access option.
Note: Selecting the option to prevent role inheritance does not affect access to public and gated projects. On selecting Prevent access, the user may not be allowed to project-permissions related tasks in private projects.
- Click Create. The restricted site administrator role is created. The Edit Site-wide Role Permissions page appears.
Note: You can select the permission for site administration tools as well as for applications available across all projects.
- Select the appropriate site administration and/or project permissions liste on the Role Permissions tab to match the responsibility assigned to a user with that role.
Tip: You may not want to risk delegating the task of deleting projects, users, groups, roles or categories.Note: If you are creating a site-wide role that has Project Tracker’s “Configure - Site” permission, you must also assign the “Role - View” permission.Note: To manage artifact types globally, users must have project administrator permissions in a site-wide role.
The role is created. You can assign it to site members at any time.