- Released on: Nov 23, 2020
- GA Version: 20.3.398
Delete Baseline Definitions
You can delete a baseline definition as long as you have the
DELETE/VIEW BASELINE DEFINITION permission assigned to you. Existing baselines, if any, created from deleted baseline definitions, are not affected in any way.
An email notification is sent to the user that created the baseline definition.
For more information, see Delete Baseline Definition.
Export Tracker Artifacts—Tags as an Exportable Field
Tag is now one of the exportable fields when you export tracker artifacts from:
- Both the Trackers List and Planning Folder views
- Tracker search results
- Tracker Table Reports
The New Documents List Page
TeamForge 20.3—by default—takes users to the new Documents List page. However, you can switch to the classic Documents List view if you want.
Some of the new Documents List pages have been revamped for enhanced usability, look and feel. Here’s a list of enhancements to the Create, View and Edit Document pages.
Create Document and Edit Document Pages
Key enhancements to the Create New Documents page include:
- Document fields reorganization
- Sticky table header while scrolling the documents list
- Accordian style
Custom Fieldssection (with horizontal scroll bars) to group all the custom fields together
- Color coded label to show the lock status of a document
View Document Page
Key enhancements to the Document Details page include:
- Quick action icon to star favorite documents
- Document fields reorganization for usability
- Document link to download the document—shows the document version too
- Locked by field to show the document’s lock status
Visual aid icons are shown for locked documents to indicate if the document can be downloaded and if an admin can edit the document
TeamForge WebConnect User Interface
TeamForge WebConnect (also known as TeamForge WEBR) is now equipped with intuitive UIs that can come in handy when you want to accomplish tasks such as creating TeamForge WebConnect events, endpoints, subscriptions, orchestrations, and so on—which otherwise could be done only via APIs.
Only a WebConnect administrator can log on to the WebConnect UI using the administrator credentials.
For more information, see TeamForge WebConnect UIs.
TeamForge SCM—Enterprise Version Control
TeamForge—Git Integration 20.3.10-3.2.5
For more information about vanilla Gerrit version 3.2, see Gerrit 3.2.5 Release.
Code Reviews as TeamForge Objects
TeamForge workitem association has been extended to support code reviews. You can now associate code reviews to tracker artifacts just like you associate scm commits to tracker artifacts. With code review associations, you can now find the number of code reviews in progress for a tracker artifact.
Tracker Level Commit Governance
Tracker level commit governance lets you select one or more trackers against which users can commit. Selecting the Work item must be from the same TeamForge project check box and selecting one or more trackers would ensure that users can commit only against workitems that belong to one of the selected trackers.
Extended File/Folder Operations
Introduced a set of new file/folder operations for both Git and Subversion. You can now perform file and folder creation/deletion from within the UI. You can also move and copy files and folders from within the UI.
- Added a new workspace widget for SCM commits
- Enhanced the Recent Repositories workspace widget with quick action icons
- Enhanced the Revert and Cherry Pick code review dialogs
- Enable Git file diff against commit that is not part of commit history for the file
- Better error handling on submodule consumers page when Gerrit is down
Gerrit Upgrade from Version 2.16 to 3.2
- TeamForge 20.3 Gerrit is not data-compatible with Gerrit 2.16 or earlier (in other words, not data-compatible with TeamForge 20.0 or earlier). Intermediate data migration to Gerrit 2.16 happens when you upgrade from TeamForge 20.0 or earlier to TeamForge 20.3. This means that data migration during upgrade takes more than usual time to complete.
- TeamForge 20.3 Gerrit is not index-compatible with any previous version. All open reviews are reindexed offline when you upgrade from TeamForge 20.0 or earlier to TeamForge 20.3. This means that data migration during upgrade takes more than usual time to complete.
- Orphaned draft comments are cleaned up when you upgrade to TeamForge 20.3. It is recommended to schedule and run the following Git garbage collection (Git GC) command directly on the
All-Usersproject before you upgrade to TeamForge 20.3.
ssh -p 29418 [admin]@[git-server] gerrit gc All-Users --aggressive --show-progress
- Git Protocol v2 is now default
ReviewDBand Gerrit GWT UIs are no longer available
- For more information about Git protocol v2, see the documentation for Git Protocol v2.
ReviewDBremoval means that the database backend for changes, accounts, groups and projects (
ReviewDb) is removed and this metadata is now stored in git (“NoteDb”). As
NoteDbis being used by TeamForge 19.0 and later, this change is seamless for the users.
- However, the Gerrit GWT UI has more visible consequences. The GWT-related UI plugin functionality had to be ported—either to the new Gerrit Polymer UI or to the TeamForge UI.
- Noteworthy Changes
- The Gerrit UI has a new look and feel with the new Gerrit Polymer UI replacing the GWT UI.
- The Gerrit UI no longer has the history protection tab. This functionality is now available via the TeamForge Code Browser UI.
- Gerrit internal repositories are exposed at the integration level in TeamForge.
Here’s a list of what’s new with integrations supported by TeamForge 20.3.
- Support for Nexus 3.28, Jira 8.12 and Micro Focus ALM 12.6
- TeamForge 20.3 supports integration with Nexus 3.28.0. For more information, see Install or Upgrade the TeamForge—Nexus Integration Plugin.
- TeamForge 20.3 supports integration with Jira 8.12. For more information, see TeamForge—JIRA Integration Using WEBR.
- CollabNet Connector Framework (CCF) 2.3.6 has been qualified for integration with Micro Focus ALM 12.6.
Replace Standalone Executors with Managed Executor—MASS IMPORT THREADS COUNT
To prevent any concurrency issues from happening, the
MASS IMPORT THREADS COUNT site configuration option has been removed from the Configure Application page (My Workspace > Admin and select Projects > System Tools > Configure Application) in favor of Jboss’ Managed Executor service.
TeamForge Qualified on Microsoft Edge
In addition to Chrome, Firefox, and IE 11, TeamForge 20.3 was also tested and qualified to run on Microsoft Edge version 86.
Install / Upgrade
TeamForge 20.3 supports RHEL/CentOS 7.9.